Friday, 16 September 2016

Draft Agenda for the Open Meeting on Monday, 3rd October at 7.30 in G6 in The Letherhead Institute


Draft Agenda for the Open Meeting on Monday, 3rd October at 7.30 in G6 in The Letherhead Institute.

(If members have any particular problems they wish the Association to discuss, please contact the Chairman, either via the Website or in person 15 minutes before the start of the meeting)

1. Apologies for absence
  
2. Minutes of the meeting held on 5th September 2016

3. Matters arising from the Minutes not covered elsewhere on the Agenda

4. Chairman’s report.

5. Mr. Martyn Williams will present the latest stage of our incorporation to a C.L.G.

6. Brief reports from sub-committees:

a) Planning
b) Forward Planning - any further developments being planned by Transform Leatherhead
c) The Environmental sub-committee:  with Reports on Rye Brook "Love your River" event  and the SCC Community Resilience Conference.
e) Highways
f) Membership

Introduction of our Speaker for this evening, Mrs. Bridget Kendrick, Councillor for North Leatherhead.

The next meeting will be on Nov. 7 when Jo Crome, Councillor for N. Leatherhead will also be speaking to us.



Registered Office: Oaklands, 54 Randalls Road,  Leatherhead,  Surrey,  KT22 0AD
A company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales number 10248803

Saturday, 27 August 2016

COMMITTEE MEETING TO BE HELD ON MONDAY 5th September 2016 at 7.30PM AT THE LETHERHEAD INSTITUTE ROOM G6

DRAFT AGENDA

   Are there any questions to come under AOB?
1.    Apologies for absence
2.    Minutes of meeting held on 4th July 2016
3.    Matters arising from meeting not covered elsewhere on the Agenda
4.   Chairman’s report: 
5. Report from MW on the progress of our CLG incorporation application
6. Reports from sub-committees
 a) Planning: (FS) Beechcroft/Era/Forty-foot Road
 b) Forward Planning (MW) Kingston House Gardens
 c) Environment (CA)
       d) Health (HP)
 e) Highways (HC) 
  f) Membership (PS)

  7. Newsletter 
88. AOB
99. Date of next meeting - Monday 3rd October, for which an invitation has been sent to Bridget Kendrick to speak about her objectives and goals as a Councillor for N. Leatherhead; Joe Crome will speak similarly at our November meeting.


If members have any problems they wish the Committee to discuss, please contact the Chairman (See “Contact” on the website) or in person at The Institute at 7.15pm before the Committee starts its meeting at 7.30pm

Sunday, 3 July 2016

MW Report on Local Plan 28 6 16

LRA-FPG - Notes of a meeting held on Friday 10th June with Guy Davies of MVDC Planning Dept.
re the formulation of the Local Plan.
Present from FPG:          John Wilson and Martyn Williams.
Guy Davies is the co-ordinating officer for this exercise.
Guy is producing the Local Development Scheme. The principles to be adopted have changed since the last one. Previously the government (HMG) would accept that excess demand in one area could be diverted to other “growth” areas. Now each area has to meet its own demand for space. The only mitigating circumstances are where national planning policies make that difficult. In the case of MVDC that is likely to be the amount of land that is protected by the “Green Belt”.
The Process  (Target dates in brackets)
1.       MVDC are at the very start of the process, which is expected to take about two years.
2.       MVDC will call for owners of sites on ‘Brownfield Land’ (previously developed land) to offer them to be considered for development. (Summer 2016)
3.       MVDC will use outside consultants to prepare Spatial Strategy Options, i.e. to identify what the likely demand for space will be over the plan period (15 years). (Winter 2016/17)
4.       There will almost certainly be a deficit of available land relative to identified demand.  MVDC will then need to decide whether the deficit is justifiable to HMG or whether it needs to find more land. It is likely to be the latter.  If so MVDC will then call for other sites,  which might include change of use of existing buildings and release of low-grade “Green Belt” land. (Winter 2016/17)
5.       MVDC will then appraise all supply options to ascertain their feasibility.  The plan will then be formulated combining the likely demand where it can be met by supply and why the full demand cannot be met (if that is the case) because of national policies. (Summer 2017)
6.       The plan is then reviewed by an HMG appointed inspector. (Summer 2018).
7.       If approved it is then adopted. (Autumn 2018)
Comment
It is inevitable that much of proposed development will be in the north of the District as 2/3 of the District’s built up area is in the north in Leatherhead/Bookham/Fetcham/Ashtead and this was part of the existing Core Strategy.
HMG regulations dictate the minimum local consultation that any local authority must undertake, but it is open to any authority to do more.  MVDC are still deciding how much consultation and in what form, but were pleased with the “Transform” exercise and are likely to opt for more consultation rather than less and are likely to focus on social media to involve the younger elements of the population.
LRA is an acknowledged consultee and it and others will be advised in due course as to how we can become involved in the process.
LEPs have no involvement in the Local Plan formulation process.
Further Information
For further information on the Local Development Scheme click on this hyperlink: http://www.molevalley.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=29392 .  To refer to the existing Core Strategy 2009 click on this hyperlink:   http://molevalley-consult.limehouse.co.uk/portal/cs/cs_-_adopted_oct_2009/core_strategy_-_adopted_october_2009_1?pointId=906692

MW/JWW

Friday, 24 June 2016

Agenda for Meeting 4th July 2016

LEATHERHEAD RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION

            COMMITTEE MEETING TO BE HELD ON MONDAY 4th July 2016 AT 7.30PM AT THE LETHERHEAD INSTITUTE ROOM G6

AGENDA
            Are there any questions to come under AOB?
1.    Apologies for absence

2.    Minutes of meeting held on 6th June 2016

3.    Matters arising from meeting not covered elsewhere on the Agenda

4.    Chairman’s Report (CB)

5.    Reports from sub-committees

a.    Environment(CA)
b.    ForwardPlanning (MW)
c.    Health (HP)
d.    Highways (HC)
e.    Membership  and Leach Grove(PS)
f.     Planning (FS)  
g.    Newsletter (CA + JWW) last date for copy is 8 July.

6.    Ashtead & Leatherhead Local – please think about what YOU could write!

7.    AOB – Fun activities for fund raising

8.    Date of next meeting: Monday 5th September 2016


If members have any problems they wish the Committee to discuss, please contact the Chairman (See “Contact” on the website) or in person at The Institute at 7.15pm before the Committee starts its meeting at 7.30pm.

Thursday, 16 June 2016

Invasive Species Month

Locally at leatherhead we have 2 dates for Himalayan Balsam pulling,
  • Monday 4th, 10am to 4pm.
  • Wednesday 6th July 2016, 10am to 4pm.
It's very easy to pull up and quite satisfying!
For more information and to register your interest please email Caroline Cardew-Smith by clicking here

Saturday, 4 June 2016

LEATHERHEAD OPEN GARDENS 2016

LEATHERHEAD OPEN GARDENS

Sunday 12th June , 11am - 5pm

==========================================
Leatherhead Residents' Association

LRA and FLPC present
14 Gardens to Visit:
4 in Givons Grove
5 & 9 Elm Drive
12 Windmill Drive,   5 Heymede
Oaklands Randalls Road
11 & 15 St Marys Road
Grange Road, 1 Oaks Close
16 Byron Place

Full details in ticket programme
Purchase a programme early in order to
plan your visit

 £5  Tickets available from
* Bartons Bookshop
* WA Truelove Funeral Directors
* The Parish Church Office (Wed-Fri mornings)
* On the day: Randalls Road Car Park & the Parish Church

Teas, coffee, sandwiches, cake, scones
available from Parish Church 12.30 - 5.00

Commencing at Randalls Road Car Park at 11am:
 ticket holders have the option to Ride a Vintage Bus to 5 Gardens


Tuesday, 24 May 2016

Agenda for 6 June 2016 Meeting

LEATHERHEAD RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION

            
MEETING TO BE HELD ON MONDAY 6th June 2016 AT 7.30PM AT THE LETHERHEAD INSTITUTE ROOM G6

AGENDA
            Are there any questions to come under AOB?
1    Apologies for absence

      Minutes of meeting held on 9th May 2016

3  Matters arising from meeting not covered elsewhere on the Agenda:  Town Notice Board, 3 July Duck Race, LRA meetings for remainder of year; Parking – use of High Street; Approval for amendments to Articles concerning CLG status

  .  Chairman’s Report (CB) Cow Parades (!); HC Lengthman’s Scheme;

5   Reports from sub-committees

a.    Environment (CA) OpenGardens plans
b.    ForwardPlanning (MW)
c.    Health (HP)
d.    Highways (HC)
e.    Membership  (PS)
f.     Planning and LeachGrove (FS)  

6    Newsletter (CA + JWW) will cover Open Gardens, parking; input by 21 June 

      Ashtead & Leatherhead Local – article on Open Gardens

  AOB 

9    Date of next meeting: Monday 4th July 2016


If members have any problems they wish the Committee to discuss, please contact the Chairman (See “Contact” on the website) or in person at The Institute at 7.15pm before the Committee starts its meeting at 7.30pm

Thursday, 28 April 2016

Agenda for Meeting 9 May 2016

LEATHERHEAD RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION
CLOSED COMMITTEE MEETING TO BE HELD ON MONDAY  9TH May  2016 at 7.30PM AT THE LETHERHEAD INSTITUTE ROOM G6
AGENDA

Although this is a Closed Committee Meeting, if any Member has an issue he wishes the Committee to discuss, would he please contact the Chairman (See “Contact” on the website) or in person at The Institute at 7.15pm before the Committee starts its meeting at 7.30pm
           
1.    Apologies for absence: Paula Sabine, Fran Smith

2.    Minutes of meeting held on 7th March 2016

3.    Matters arising from meeting not covered elsewhere on the Agenda

4.    Chairman’s Report (CB)

5.    Reports from sub-committees
a.    Environment (CA)
b.    Forward Planning (MW)
c.    Health (HP)
d.    Highways (HC)
e.    Membership (PS)
f.     Planning (FS)
g.    Newsletter (CA + JWW)

6.    Ashtead & Leatherhead Local Article

7.    AOB


8.    Date of next meeting: Monday 6th June 2016.   Following that, the next meeting with be the Open meeting on Monday 4th July 2016.

Tuesday, 22 March 2016

Agenda for AGM Meeting 4 April 2016



ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING


TO BE HELD ON MONDAY 4 APRIL 2016 AT 6.45pm 

AT THE ABRAHAM DIXON HALL, LETHERHEAD INSTITUTE


AGENDA


1    Apologies for absence

2    Minutes of the AGM meeting held on Monday 13 April 2015

3    Matters arising

4    Chairman's Annual Report


6    Approval of new Articles of Association (Constitution)
      Click here for letter of explanation
       Click here to read Articles in full (13 pages)

7    Appointment of Auditor

8    Appointment of Secretary

9    Election of Officers

10   Re-election of Committee and election of new committee members (all nominations to be submitted to the Secretary no later than 3 days before the meeting).


                                                                 END OF AGM
             (Date of next Executive Members' Meeting:  Monday 9 May 2016
at Letherhead Institute, Room G6)
______________________________________



                       EU REFERENDUM DEBATE AT 7.30-9.00pm                 

Speakers:  Rt. Hon. Sir Richard Ottaway and Mr. Anthony Scholefield

Followed by written questions to the speakers