Monday, 28 August 2017

AGENDA for Open Meeting 4th September 2017


LEATHERHEAD RESIDENTS' ASSOCIATION 

        COMMITTEE MEETING TO BE HELD ON MONDAY
4th September 2017 at 7 for 7.30PM in the Abraham Dixon Hall
in the LETHERHEAD INSTITUTE

AGENDA       
Are there any questions to come under AOB?
1.  Apologies for absence
2.  Minutes of meeting held on 7th August 2017
3.  Matters arising
4.  Chairman’s Report (Caroline Brown) - Epsom Hospital, the Royal Oak and the latest Police report.
5.  Reports from committees
6.  Our Speaker:  Councillor Simon Edge, who represents Bookham South, but who is also on the Mole Valley Executive Committee for the Economy and for Transform Leatherhead.

7.  AOB
8.  Date of next meeting: Monday 2nd October 2017


Arrive by 7.15 if you would like to speak to the Chairman
about any issues

Wednesday, 2 August 2017





 OPEN MEETING to be  HELD
on MONDAY 7th August 2017   at 7.30PM
 at the LETHERHEAD INSTITUTE,  Room G6

AGENDA
            Are there any questions to come under AOB?

1.    Apologies for absence

2.    Minutes of meeting held on 3rd July 2017

3.    Matters arising from meeting not covered elsewhere on the Agenda

4.    Chairman’s Report (CB) : Future MV and survey;  Re-cycling centres;  Verge cutting; Swan Centre;  Parking;  Police Reports;  Epsom and St. Helier Hospitals;   Titan Developments

5.    Reports from sub-committees

a.    Environment (CA)
b.    Forward Planning (MW)
c.    Health (HP)
d.    Highways (HC)
e.    Membership
f.     Planning (FS)  
g.    Newsletter

6.    Ashtead & Leatherhead Local – please think about what YOU could write!

7.    AOB

8.    Date of next meeting: Monday 4th September 2017




Arrive by 7.15 if you would like to speak to the Chairman
about any issues

Thursday, 6 July 2017

THREAT TO AXE ALL EVENING DIRECT LONDON BRIDGE TRAINS IN MOLE VALLEY

Govia trains, which includes Southern, have now opened its second and final consultation phase for its proposed timetable for beyond Dec 2018, which will be the first time travellers can enjoy the benefits of the major rail investment, including the seven year project to rebuild London Bridge. 
There are some useful improvements, such as an earlier first Victoria train and a second morning peak to London Bridge. 
Epsom residents should be very pleased as they will see an enhanced and improved service, with new, twice hourly trains direct to London Bridge. Southern note that this “in response to strong stakeholder representation…..We expect these [routes] to be very busy”.
However, it is a different story for commuters in Mole Valley who will see a significant diminution in the evening peak from London Bridge with the axing of almost all direct trains.
Currently, from 1800, there are three direct train services departing from London Bridge for Mole Valley (1803, 1832 and 1929). These trains call at Ashtead, Leatherhead and either Dorking or Guildford.  These trains are very busy, yet they have all been axed.  In future, a re-timed service will go as far as only Epsom. This can’t be a capacity issue at London Bridge so why are they being abolished?
This is clearly a retrograde and divisive step.  Mole Valley residents are having one of their three arterial routes downgraded whilst Epsom residents see theirs improved.  We have all put up with the disruption while the London Bridge project has been underway, now we should all be sharing in the benefits.   
The proposed changes will cause significant inconvenience and extend journey times to many hundreds of Mole Valley commuters. Commuting to London is already a long ordeal, please don’t allow Govia/Southern to make it even harder for us especially as this is being billed as an improvement.
The good news is that is still time for ARA and all of us to make strong and immediate representations to Govia/Southern not to axe the three directs trains in its proposed timetable, but we need to be quick. Their consultation window only opened 26 June and closes 27 July 2017. This consultation is for “fine tuning” so please let Southern know that Mole Valley commuters value and want to save their evening peak trains.   
Comments can be submitted to gtr.timetableconsultation@gtrailway.com
Please do respond or else we will certainly lose the route.
Above is a summary and links to supporting documentation are below. 

 

Wednesday, 28 June 2017

Agenda for 3rd July meeting




LEATHERHEAD    RESIDENTS' ASSOCIATION


            COMMITTEE MEETING TO BE HELD ON Monday 3rd JULY 2017
at 7.30PM in ROOM G6 of THE LETHERHEAD INSTITUTE

AGENDA
           
1.    Apologies for absence 

2.    Minutes of meeting held on 8th May 2017

3.    Matters arising

4.    Chairman’s Report (CB) Local Plan; scrutiny committee decisions re Swan Centre and Claire & James House; Surrey recycling centres; survey re some aspects of Transform Leatherhead

5.    Reports from Committees
a.    Planning (FS)
b.    Forward Planning (MW)
c.    Environment (CA)
d.    Membership (PS)
e.    Health (HP) 
f.     Highways (HC) 
g.    Newsletter

6.    Ashtead & Leatherhead Local  

7.    AOB

8.    DATES:  Duck Race, Sunday 2nd July; Open Gardens, Sunday 9th July;
     Next LRA meeting will be held on Monday 7TH August



Thursday, 4 May 2017

Agenda Open Meeting 8 May 2017


           



LEATHERHEAD    RESIDENTS  ASSOCIATION

OPEN MEETING 

TO BE HELD on Monday 8th MAY 2017at 7.30pm
in ROOM G6 of   THE LETHERHEAD INSTITUTE

 AGENDA
           
1.    Apologies for absence 
2.    Minutes of meeting held on 7th March 2017
3.    Matters arising from the meeting not covered elsewhere on the Agenda
4.    Chairman’s Report (CB) Local Plan outlook; BLeAF and MV meeting reports; Newsletter progress; new Website status; new membership drive ideas; reaction to CB letter to Advertiser re parking in the High Street
5.    Reports from Committees
a.    Planning (FS)
b.    ForwardPlanning (MW)
c.    Environment (CA)
d.    Membership (PS)
e.    Health (HP) 
f.     Highways (HC) 
g.    Newsletter
6.    Ashtead & Leatherhead Local  
7.    AOB
8.    DATES:  Next meeting will be held on Monday 3rd July (no June meeting) Open Gardens, Sunday 9th July




Wednesday, 15 March 2017

Notice of Annual General Meeting 3rd April 2017

NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

To All Members

Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held at the Letherhead Institute, 67 High Street, Leatherhead on Monday 3rd April 2017, commencing at 730pm.

Agenda:
·                Apologies for Absence
·                Approval of the Minutes of the previous AGM, 4th April 2016
·                Matters Arising
·                Chairman’sReport
·                Ratification of the appointment as Directors of Messrs. Allen, Herrity, Sabine, Smith and                Williams.
·                Any other business

Documents relevant to the AGM, including the Chairman’s Report, the Report and Accounts for 2016 and a Proxy Form can all be found links on this notice or, in hard copy, at the Leatherhead Library in Mansion House on Church Street and in the library of the Letherhead Institute at the top of the High Street from 17th March.    If you are unable to access the documents by these means, please contact us and we will take action to ensure you are furnished with the information.

If you are unable to attend the Meeting and would like to appoint a proxy to vote on your behalf at the Meeting, please note that the Proxy form must be lodged with the Company Secretary before the start of the meeting.

Following the formal proceedings, we will have two speakers:  Jack Straw, Corporate Head of Service at Mole Valley District Council, who will speak on the formulation of the new Local Plan, and Lucy Quinnell who will speak on how we can achieve a “Litterless Leatherhead.”

We hope you will decide to attend and look forward to seeing you at the AGM on Monday, 3rd April at 7.30.

Yours faithfully,
Caroline Brown
Chairman, For and on behalf of Leatherhead Residents’ Association CLG

P.S. If you have had this delivered to your door, it is because we have no (valid) email address for you.   If you could supply one, we would be most grateful.

Telephone 01372 373 090  Contact via website  Registered Office: Oaklands, 54 Randalls Road, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 0AD 

A company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales number 10248803 




Monday, 30 January 2017

AGENDA for LRA Meeting 6th February 2017

LEATHERHEAD RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION
            COMMITTEE MEETING TO BE HELD ON MONDAY 6th FEBRUARY 2017
at 7.30PM in ROOM G6 of THE LETHERHEAD INSTITUTE
 AGENDA
            Are there any questions to come under AOB?
1.    Introductions

2.    Apologies for absence 

3.    Minutes of meeting held on 9th January 2017

4.    Matters arising from the meeting not covered elsewhere on the Agenda: Tesco’s “bags of help” initiative.

5.    Chairman’s Report (CB)
AGM speaker confirmed as Jack Straw on Local Plan
Consultation on SCC street light blackout cost cutting;
Community Housing Fund; 
Bus route 465 streamlining/cost cutting;
Website update;
Thanks for offers to help, highlighted by A&LL article

6.  Reports from sub-committees
Environment (CA) –  Spring clean 4th March; Open Gardens 9/7; Flooding
Forward Planning (MW) Sustainable development
Health (HP) Epsom & St Helier Hospital plans
Highways (HC) Farthings & Cycle Plan update 
Membership (PS) Update on renewals
Planning (FS)   Farthings + QE2 impact on North Leatherhead

6.    Ashtead & Leatherhead Local   Article on the River Mole Action Group

7.  AOB

8.  Next meeting, Monday 6th March 2017, will be Committee members only; AGM will be held on 3rd April in Abraham Dixon Hall



If members have any problems they wish the Committee to discuss, please contact the Chairman (See “Contact” on the website) or in person at The Institute at 7.15pm before the Committee starts its meeting at 7.30pm

Monday, 2 January 2017


LEATHERHEAD RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION
            COMMITTEE MEETING TO BE HELD ON MONDAY 9th January 2017
at 7.30PM AT THE LETHERHEAD INSTITUTE ROOM G6
 AGENDA
            Are there any questions to come under AOB?

1.    Introductions of Committee Members
2.    Apologies for absence 
3.    Minutes of meeting held on 7th November 2016
4.    Matters arising from the meeting not covered elsewhere on the Agenda 
5.    Chairman’s Report (CB)
6.    Reports from sub-committees
a.    Environment (CA)
b.    Forward Planning (MW) 
c.    Health (HP)
d.    Highways (HC)  
e.    Membership (PS)
f.     Planning (FS)
g.    Newsletter (CA + JWW 
7.    Ashtead & Leatherhead Local
8.    AOB – The Post-Holiday Social will take place following the meetin 
9.    Date of next meeting: Monday 6th February 2017



If members have any problems they wish the Committee to discuss, please contact the Chairman (See “Contact” on the website) or in person at The Institute at 7.15pm before the Committee starts its meeting at 7.30pm